Tuesday 4 October 2011

Monday the 3rd's lesson and research

Monday was extremely helpful, it thought me to take a step back and think about why i am doing what i do rather than just doing it, this has made me consider why i have chosen my early ideas. I was asked why i chose the ideas i did, and to be truthful my family has had sky in our house for over 10 years, so it's almost been nailed into my what skys theme is always trying to portray. However i cannot get through this brief just by saying that, i need to evidence and use examples. I asked Matt where he thinks i should start my research and he replayed with this website:

This website is amazing and packed full of research. I've watch all their videos and it's clear to me that the adverts designed for say Children are very laud, bright, in your face, more often than not contain silly jokes and what is popular to kids at the time weather that be action games or TV programs. Channels more catered for adults on the other hand usually have slow panning cameras with either something completely random happening like BBCs theme, which is a circle with either hippos or deer moving to create it, or it's something you have to look for like in channel 4's branding where bits of buildings are floating and you have to look for the logo. Channels also seem to change their approach in different seasons of the year. Looking at these videos it gives me many more ideas to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment